We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Except as set out below, we do not share, sell, or disclose to a third party, any information collected through our website, or business except to properly administrate our business.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from regularly to ensure that you are happy with any changes that may be made. This policy is effective from 25 May 2018.
Who is collecting my data?
Michelle Mayefske, acting as Limerick Doula Services, is the collector and processor of data. Certain third-party organisations are also used for collection, storage and processing of data, such as personal health information, payment transactions, email newsletters, etc. In this policy, any reference to “we” or “us” refers to Michelle Mayefske.
What data is being collected?
We may collect the following information, depending on the product or service registered for, or purchased:
- Contact information including email address, phone number, address
- Transaction details for products/services purchased
- Appropriate and necessary health information including emergency contact information, medical provider details and information related to your fertility journey or pregnancy as it relates to providing you with services requested
- IP address, online geographical and website behavioural data
All information is processed and stored through GDPR-compliant methods or third parties. A full list of third-party processors is included below.
What is the legal basis for processing my data?
The legal basis for processing this data is Legitimate Interest namely the proper administration of our website and business (health information, transactions, website data). We also ensure that we are covered through the legal basis of Consent, by ensuring that all data you provide us is given with appropriate consent (mailing list and relevant product/service information).
Will my data be shared with any third parties?
Some information is shared via third-party organisations. We are committed to ensuring all third-party partners are GDPR compliant and have appropriate Privacy Policies.
All third party organisations that we share data with and links to their privacy policies are below:
Email notifications and newsletter
- SquareSpace- https://www.squarespace.com/privacy/
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used- this is done by SquareSpace (see link above). This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites. Once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
how will the information be used?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping for tax and insurance purposes.
- Improve our products and services.
- Sending email newsletters with information about business products and services that you have registered for or purchased.
- Promotions, special offers or market research emails related to products or services that you have registered for or purchased.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests or location.
how long will the data be stored for?
All data will be stored for a maximum of 2 years, with the exception of relevant health information and financial transactions which are required, by law, to be kept for 7 years.
All data stored will be stored securely, password-protected and stored on GDPR-complaint third-party systems.
what rights do you have?
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you fill in a form on the website, do not check the box agreeing to being sent any emails.
- Do not complete certain fields in health questionnaires (please note that failure to disclose relevant health information may affect our ability to provide you with safe and appropriate care, and may result in our refusal to provide you with services).
- Do not accept cookies on our website (please note that this may affect your user experience of the website).
- Click the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any marketing emails.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will provide information on all data about you within 30 days.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
deleting your data
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, or for usage of products or services, and you would like us to remove your data please email us at email@example.com and we will remove/delete your data within 30 days.
how can you raise a complaint?
If you have any complaints please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 083 810 8212 to register your complaint.